Dumbbells are a great way to get a full body workout. With the right weight, it can be some of the hardest workouts you will ever do. Here is one workout that will give you a run for you money and all you need is a dumbbells.
They key to this workout is to pick the best weight for you, now this may be two different weighted dumbbells. One of the weights will be used for you leg workouts, the other will be used for your arm exercises. Most of the time people lift more with their legs than their arms, but if you only have one dumbbell at home, then don’t worry about it you can still get a great workout with only one dumbbell.
Make sure that you are stretched out before starting a workout. This may mean to do some static stretching (like toe touches, arm across your body stretch, arm circles, etc.). If you don’t warm-up properly then you increase the chance of hurting yourself during the workout which no one wants to do.
30-Minute Full Body Dumbbell Workout:
- 30 seconds of goblet squats
- 30 seconds of toe touches with weight
- 30 seconds of split squat lunges (alternate each leg)
- 30 seconds of Russian twists
- 30 seconds of alternating side lunges (use this as a deep weight assisted stretch)
Repeat 3 times
- 30 seconds of shoulder press (right hand only)
- 30 seconds of shoulder press (left hand only)
- 45 seconds plank (*15 second rest after this)
- 30 seconds of alternating curls
- 30 seconds of reverse crunches
Repeat 3 times*each exercise will be 30 seconds of a workout and 30 seconds of rest (besides the plank, the plank will be 45 seconds of plank and 15 seconds of rest).
This workout may not seem like a lot, but it will be challenging if you go hard and give it your all for the whole workout. This workout will work everything from your thighs to your shoulders out and everything in between.
Work hard for yourself!