Working out can be hard to do. Usually you need to drive to the gym, fight people for the machines you want and hopefully get your full workout in without being judged by the guy strung out on pre-workout trying to bench 445 for 5 reps. If this sounds normal to you and you just want to get back in shape, then don’t fret, you can do a lot of great 30 minute workouts at home to help get you back in shape.
The best time to workout is usually before you eat a meal. When you workout you are using energy and your body is tearing its muscles to help rebuild it bigger and more in shape. So, if you workout and don’t eat after, you are letting your ripped muscles not recover as efficiently as they can.
Another side note to getting in shape and shedding a few extra pounds that we all have is to drink more water. I know, another person to promote water, but it really does help. If you drink 2 Cokes from a can a day you are consuming 480 calories, 130 grams of sugar, and 130 grams of carbohydrates (carbs). That is only from 2 drinks! If you had water instead all of those numbers would be 0. Now, that doesn’t mean that you can now eat more because you “saved” those extra 480 calories, it means you should eat healthy and try to cut back on calories and carbs (if you aren’t that active) to help you live a healthy life.
If you eat healthier and also do this workout everyday, then you can start to shed those extra pounds that we all have and get into shape!
30 Minute Home Full Body Workout
Make sure that you are stretched out before starting a workout. This may mean to do some static stretching (like toe touches, arm across your body stretch, arm circles, etc.). If you don’t warm-up properly then you increase the chance of hurting yourself during the workout which no one wants to do.
- 30 seconds of squats
- 30 seconds of crunches
- 30 seconds of push-ups
- 30 seconds of lunges
- 30 seconds of toe touches
Repeat 3 times
- 30 seconds of single leg squats (put one foot back, like a lunge, but on a chair, see picture below)
- 30 seconds of mountain climber
- 30 seconds of triceps dip with a chair
- 30 seconds of plank
- 30 seconds of arm raises to the side and in front of you (use books as weight if you don’t have any dumbbells)
Repeat 3 times.
* Don’t have your knee in front of your shin when you go down for a squat. This picture is the basic movements, but the form going down ins’t proper. With the knee in front of the shin, it creates more tension on the knee and increases your chances of injury. Remember that on all lunges your knees should never pass your shins!
This is a great start to help get you in shape. Every month I will be posting another workout to do everyday from home. It is important that once your body gets used to this workout to change it up and surprise your body. When you “surprise” your body it will help it grow, otherwise our body will find the most efficient less taxing way to do that same workout, meaning it won’t be as good of a fat burner and muscle builder.